This course is for the firearms novice. It is specifically designed to progress at a reasonable pace to allow someone with limited or no prior firearms experience to successfully pass the government approved tests (taken the same day).
Once you pass this course, you may apply for a “NON-RESTRICTED” Firearms license.
It is also appropriate for a minor who wishes to get a “minor’s firearms permit.” We also feel it is appropriate if English is not your first language, regardless of your prior firearms experience.
- The evolution of firearms
- Major parts, types and actions
- Basic firearms safety practices
- Operating firearm actions
- Safe handling and carry procedures
- Firing techniques and procedures
- Care of firearms
- Responsibilities of the firearms owner/user
- Safe storage, display, transportation and handling of non-restricted and Restricted firearms actions
Course runs every Saturday. Participants must provide 48 hours’ notice to cancel or re-book
If you book this at the same time as your PAL Restricted course the cost will be $299 + GST - a savings of $74!
There will be a $5 shipping charge per person for the books to be shipped to you if you are not in store to sign up for these courses to ensure that you receive the books prior to the course.
Firearms safety course fees include all books and training materials required.
As the course spans over a meal hour, we will also feed you!
Remember: If you have taken your Non-Restricted and Restricted PAL training from TSE, we will give you a $100 credit towards your membership cost if transaction is completed within 60 days of your course date