FTU Version is an enhanced model. Includes non-reciprocating side charging handle, full sight rail, which also lowers the line of sight, (Includes 1 magazine).
The Norinco Type 97 NSR is a Non Restricted, gas operated, magazine fed, semi- automatic weapon with a bullpup layout. It has a short stroke gas piston and a rotating bolt.
The Norinco Type 97 NSR-FTU Semi-Automatic Rifle is a unique Semi-Auto Bullpup rifle and takes standard AR15 magazines. The bullpup design places the gun's action behind the trigger, in front of a short buttstock.
This decreases the firearm's length and weight while retaining the same barrel length. Bullpups generally allow for a 25% reduction in weapon length, which allows for better maneuverability in confined spaces and less fatigue to the shooter. "
- T97.ca “FTU” Advantages Summarized:
• Long Sight Plane
• Lower Line of Sight
• Non-reciprocating, Side Charging Handle
• (Optional Side Reciprocating Charging Handle Available)
• Oversized Charging Handle
• Compatible with Magpul® polymer rail sections
• Rifle Field Strip Unchanged
• Little To No Weight Gain
• Simple 15 Minute Installation
• Holds Zero (Secure and Reliable Function)