Range Rules & Regulations
You will see firearm safety reminders posted throughout our facility, and not just in the range area.
All staff, members and users of this range must follow these rules at all times. They are clear and simple.
Due to the seriousness of these RULES, the penalty for breaking one of these rules, either intentionally or unintentionally, may result in being banned from the entire facility, and a letter being sent to the “Chief Firearms Officer’s” office, or even criminal prosecution.
- ALWAYS TREAT EVERY FIREARM AS IF IT WERE LOADED.
- NEVER COVER ANYTHING WITH THE MUZZLE THAT YOU DO NOT WISH TO DESTROY.
- KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOUR SIGHTS ARE ON TARGET.
- ALWAYS BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET.
You will see range safety reminders posted throughout our facility, and not just in the range area. Due to the seriousness of these RULES, the penalty for breaking one of these rules, either intentionally or unintentionally, may result in a number of actions depending on the nature of the negligent act, up to and including, loss of facility shooting privileges.
- Everyone must wear proper ear and eye protection while in the shooting bays.
- All guns will be cased, bagged, or holstered while being moved outside of the ranges and safe handling areas.
- Guns will only be loaded on the firing line.
- Keep your muzzle pointed below the top of the range backstop.
- Nobody will move in front of the firing line for any reason, without the approval of a Range Officer.
- Only properly certified shooters are authorized to carry and/or draw a loaded handgun from a holster.
- Only ammunition of the types and calibers authorized will be used. When in doubt, ask the staff.
The policies ensure the efficient, safe operation of the facility. They also give a level of comfort to the other users as these practices allow others to use the facility safely and without hindrance. Once again, the penalty for breaking these policies will depend on the nature of the transgression. However, if a user breaks these policies, they may be disallowed permanently from using our facility to shoot in.
- Members are responsible for their guests and their actions.
- The first licensed shooter in the bay is “deemed” to be the “Range Officer” until a staff member enters the range.
- All visitors will properly sign a waiver before using the facility.
- Casing and uncasing of firearms must be done in the booth (in the bay) or safe handling area (in the preparation or cleaning areas).
- An unlicensed shooter MUST be supervised at all times by an appropriately licensed non-shooting person.
- When not needed in the lane, boxes, bags and cases should then be placed at the rear ledge.
- Targets should be placed at shooter’s shoulder level.
- For health reasons, no food or drinks are allowed on the range.
- Only ONE SHOOTER at a time per lane.
- Misfired rounds of ammunition will be placed in containers on the back shelf.
- Report any damages to the range operator (front counter) immediately.
- No black powder is allowed in the facility.
- The minimum target distance in the rifle bay is 25 metres.
- Ensure only one door is open at a time when entering or leaving a shooting bay.